This is not a food blog, but I do like to make food. So I will not tell go into a food blogger story about the weather or farmer’s markets or my family, but I will give you a tasty recipe. Boom.
- Soba noodles (buy in a pack dry like spaghetti noodles) These are common enough that you can probably find some in the Asian aisle of any grocery store.
- Veggies of your choice. I think things like broccoli, bok choy, shiitake mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, and daikon are good for this but it’s really up to you.
- Protein of your choice. I use tofu, but I think chicken would be great.
- Sesame seeds
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tsps oil
- 2-3 cloves diced garlic
- A bunch of grated ginger. Really depends on your taste.
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp miso paste if you can get it. I like to use red miso paste.
- Boil your noodles and then drain them
- While noodles are going, chop up all your veg
- Cook your chicken/tofu. I usually press my tofu, then bake it in the oven to get it crispy.
- Mix up all sauce ingredients in a bowl, then throw that shit in a pan to simmer and reduce a bit
- When the sauce starts getting sticky instead of liquidy, throw your veg in there and let them sautee for a bit.
- Final step is to throw noodles, protein, and sesame seeds in the pan and mix them with the veggies and sauce
- Shove in your face hole.